Titanium is considered as an exotic metal. It becomes exotic metal due to low weight, good strength and the corrosion resistance. It believes the proper Titanium welding can perform in sealed Chambers.
It is the reactive metal which can become contaminated by atmospheric gases. But welding the titanium is known as difficult as a number of welders think. But, you have to maintain the proper gas shielding during the process of welding.
The rest process becomes very similar and you can work on a different type of Titanium welding.
Check out these auto darkening welding helmets for welding titanium:
- Miller 281000 Digital Elite Black
- Hobart 770756 Impact Variable Auto-Dark Helmet
- Save Phace I Series The Patriot
How to weld titanium
Do you want to know about how to weld Titanium? For this purpose, you have to choose the right gas which can’t affect with Titanium metal. Even, it is mentioned to make the product proper clean before to start the process.
After the cleaning, you can make it drive which can help you to make the coating of weld stronger. With strong welding coating, you can get long-time results. So, you can pay attention to these factors which can help you to learn all the process of Titanium welding.
ALSO READ: How To Weld Copper
Preparation for welding
- When you want to know about how to weld Titanium then you have to work on the preparation of it. It is one of the most important factors and you can determine the quality of Titanium. With the help of quality inspection, you can see how much gas is required for the process of weld.
- First of all, you have to make the surface of Titanium clean and eliminate all the impurities. Now, you have to remove the oil and grease or dirt. It is the best to use Chemicals specifically design for Titanium. With that chemical solution, you can make the product clean as soon as possible. It can help you to work on the stronger welding coating on the titanium.
- For the purpose of removing all the contaminants, you can use the steam cleaner of the diluted solution of sodium hydroxide.
- Even, you can pay attention to use the hot air blower which ensures and you don’t need to suffer from the moisture. Even, you don’t need to use any flammable solvents.
- Make sure the welding parts are clean and dry.
- There is no need to use any chlorine-based cleaning solution on the titanium productive. Even your hands are the source of contamination and keep in mind or use the rubber gloves. Instead to opt for plastic or cotton gloves, you have to use these rubber gloves.
- Before striking the arc, make sure the solvent used to clean the surface is evaporated fully. It can help you to work on a low flashpoint.
The welding process
Once you clean the surface and welding material then you can consider through the atmosphere of it. As it is mentioned above the titanium is susceptible. It comes in the contamination by atmospheric gases.
So, it is mandatory to use shielding gas for the process of welding. The preferred choice for this process is your argon. With your organ gas, you can better understand how to weld Titanium.
When you are choosing the argon gas then it can help you to work on 99,999 percent purity. So, you can keep the metal pure with the use of argon gas. The Imperial gas can also lead the blue tinting.
Before to use the high-frequency start, there is need to work on the gas flow for a few seconds. It will help you to work in a uniform color. It means you can provide enough shielding which can help you to work on the coverage.
You have to put some essential difference between the process of welding Titanium and other metals. Actually, it requires the shielding on the backside of the weld.
So, you have to work on the entire area of weld which is heat affected. In this process, the heat-affected with your argon.
For the purpose of welding the smaller components, you can use the flexible glove boxes. If it can’t fit your parts in the flexible and closes then you can use special polythene purge gas Chambers.
With the help of this gas chamber, you can monitor and check the Chamber has enough gas or not.
It is equally important, how you can finish the welding process. For this purpose, you can use in the protective organ gun. Now, you can pay attention to use the titanium which is cool. So, you have to keep the temperature below down 500 degrees.
It is a good sign of insufficient shielding. For most of the welders, it takes number of years to get the welding experience. For this process, you have to gain a lot of experience with experts.
The attempt welding on Titanium is not an easy task. The titanium Tig welding process is might difficult. First of all, you have to set out the skills which are necessary for welding of Titanium.
Even, you have to see it is not difficult when you are consulting overall facts from the professionals. There is need to learn all the main points which can help you to work on the best process of welding Titanium.
With the help of strong and cleaning Titanium, you can weld it every time.
ALSO READ: How To Weld Brass
For the purpose of welding the titanium, you have to use the high purity Argon gas. Even, you have to make the working area clean. It is mentioned to use the proper safety gloves on both sides of welding process.
You have to work on the distribution of argon gas. It can help you to work on the maintenance of Shield until the metal becomes cool. With these factors, you can better know how to weld Titanium.
Therefore, you don’t need to be worried and you can provide the better finishing to your welding process. It can help you to work on the posting of weld. After that, you can make the process of welding perfect when you are using the titanium.